Re: Help needed with FTBFS bug 267413 - buildd problem?

Op wo 25-08-2004, om 06:19 schreef Blars Blarson:
> In article <[🔎] 87n00loo38.fsf@alhambra.bioz.unibas.ch> frank@debian.org writes:
> >Is it possible that a buildd keeps debconf information of uninstalled
> >build-dependencies?
>
> Pbuilder always starts from the same point, by default base +
> build-esential.  Sbuild does not always purge packages installed for a
> build, (I don't think it does after a successful build)

It does. Well, it tries at least; but if there's an error in one of the
postinsts, it just doesn't care and goes on with the next build. This is
based on the premise that usually, a problematic dpkg run doesn't mean
that the next dpkg run will fail as well, but that trying to recover is
very likely to cause another failure.

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks