Re: Help needed with FTBFS bug 267413 - buildd problem?

Frank asked,

> Which patch?

The Zope password patch (bug #251038).

I wish that it were not, but as the last patch
applied before the FTBFS, my password patch is
necessarily suspect.  This is unavoidable.
Three points:

  * The password patch does at least seem to
    relate to bug #267528.

  * It is not obvious to me how a password patch
    could affect debiandoc2ps activity.  Perhaps
    it does not affect it; but to establish this
    theory, I need to diagnose the debiandoc2ps
    FTBFS bug #267752.

  * The zope package seems to build fine under
    pbuilder.  Why it apparently does not want to
    autobuild (sbuild?), I do not yet know; but
    I am working on it.

(This message relates potentially to bugs
#220370, #229368, #232648, #251038, #267384,
#267394, #267528 and #267752, variously against
the zopectl and zope sources.  Some of these
bugs probably could be merged, but rather than
to spend time analyzing the web of bug reports,
the effort now is to find and to attack the root
of the RC problem.)

I am neither a Zope user nor the Zope
maintainer, incidentally.  A Zope malfunction
could easily escape my notice.  For this reason,
the new bug reports are appreciated.

I wish that the maintainer were somehow
available.

--