Re: Help needed with FTBFS bug 267413 - buildd problem?

Warning: I am not a DD yet, I may be wrong!

* Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> [2004-08-23 17:45:15 +0200]:

> Is it possible that a buildd keeps debconf information of uninstalled
> build-dependencies?
 I do not think so. See any build log, how the buildd's finish their
job:
/usr/bin/sudo dpkg --root=/home/buildd/build/chroot-unstable --purge m4 bison html2text [...]
                                                               ^^^^^
As I know, purge removes everything; package, configuration files and
debconf data as well.

> The actual error message is
>
> debiandoc2ps debian/doc/zope-policy.sgml
> debiandoc2ps: ERROR: zope-policy.ps could not be generated properly
> debiandoc2ps: rerun with the -v option to found out why
> make: *** [zope-policy.ps] Error 1
 I think the bug is in that package.

> This doesn't tell much without the output that "-v" would give,
> therefore, I tried to reproduce it, but essentially I failed.
 Have you tried it with pbuilder?

> I also had the idea that it might be connected with some special setup
> in the buildd's, and set up a sbuild chroot locally (i386): Still not
> reproducable, zope builds fine.
 I do not know how sbuild versus buildd versus pbuilder different, but I
bet there are some. Also please note that buildd's are strict (well,
IMHO) about the build tools, I don't think they update it day by day.

> - Is there any possibility that debconf answers are conserved between
>   build attempts?
 See above, and you also mentioned that packages are purged.

> - Is there any way to have one of the failing buildds execute
>   "debiandoc2ps -v some.sgml" without uploading a package just for that?
 Ask any buildd admin, lurk on www.buildd.net ; maybe Martin Loschwitz
<madkiss@debian.org> can help you. He is also German AFAIK, and
responsive.

Regards,