Re: NEVER remove log files without asking

Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> - Sat, Aug 21, 2004:

> And the only reason for my different answers is beacuse the vi files
> get stored away in a system location, while the emacs ones land in the
> users' directories.

 Don't you think you want a configuration for the vi files to be stored
 emacs-like instead?

 The implications of removing the "vi crash files" on a system are quite
 painflu: find / and the like (what if it's on a shared volume, what if
 some files have the same naming scheme but are created by another tool,
 ...).

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>
[ I am not a debian developer. ]