Re: NEVER remove log files without asking

Matthew Palmer writes:
> Plus anything marked as a conffile.

Those are included in what I wrote.

> What traces of a package should be left after a purge, then?

Anything the program created other than logs.  Would you want all files
created by vi removed?

Seems to me that it should be quite sufficient to interpret "remove logs"
as "remove logs created by the default configuration".  Attempting to parse
configuration files and ferret out all logs could lead to data loss.

--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)