Re: buildd queue visibility

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 01:20:17PM +0200, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 07:09:35PM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
>
> > > You can also look at the buildd.org information in a nicer way on:
> > > http://www.buildd.net/index-arm.html
> > Been there. All the ARM buildd's are marked as "not participating", hence my
> > email in the first place...
>
> "Not participating" as in "not participating in status updates" and not as
> in "not participating in building".

Yes, I realised that.

> With status updates it's quite easy to see if a package is stuck because
> it's still building, if it's already built and waiting for buildd admin
> action or if it's stuck because the machine is simply down.
> And when several machines are down it's an obvious explanation why an arch
> might be backlogged.
> I wish more buildds would participate in status updating... *sigh*

I agree.

> > > But its all (igloos page too) information from buildd.org just made
> > > nicer to read.
> > Yes, much nicer, very nice in fact. Nice work.
>
> Thx for your words... It's always nice to see that the service is
> appreciated. Currently I take this satisfaction by looking at my webserver
> stats, but it's even nicer to hear a personal word from time to time! :-)

Compliments where compliments due, I always say...

I do think it would be nice if this thing either ran from or was linked from
buildd.debian.org, rather than being somewhere obscure on people.debian.org.
I like to be able to find, in a logical manner, the tools that empower me,
not have to be knowledgable of arcane URLs, or have to constantly ask.

regards

Andrew