Re: buildd queue visibility

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 07:09:35PM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:

> > You can also look at the buildd.org information in a nicer way on:
> > http://www.buildd.net/index-arm.html
> Been there. All the ARM buildd's are marked as "not participating", hence my
> email in the first place...

"Not participating" as in "not participating in status updates" and not as
in "not participating in building".
With status updates it's quite easy to see if a package is stuck because
it's still building, if it's already built and waiting for buildd admin
action or if it's stuck because the machine is simply down.
And when several machines are down it's an obvious explanation why an arch
might be backlogged.
I wish more buildds would participate in status updating... *sigh*

> > But its all (igloos page too) information from buildd.org just made
> > nicer to read.
> Yes, much nicer, very nice in fact. Nice work.

Thx for your words... It's always nice to see that the service is
appreciated. Currently I take this satisfaction by looking at my webserver
stats, but it's even nicer to hear a personal word from time to time! :-)

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/