Re: NEVER remove log files without asking

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 09:10:57AM +0800, Nick Bannon wrote:
> Currently a package is inactive after removal (but configured, possibly
> leaving some garbage around); and gone after a purge as if it had never
> been installed. Granted, it's more important that it never removes a
> file that it doesn't own. However, it should remove all that it can
> from its default configuration and yes, in some cases parsing its own
> configuration files might be the best way to get the rest.

Parsing the configuration files would be very bad; if I explicitly tell
Apache to log a couple things to /var/log/apache/hack_attempts.log
or /home/glenn/hack_attempts.log, --purge had better not even consider
touching it; it's my file, not the package's.

--
Glenn Maynard