Re: NEVER remove log files without asking

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 03:43:05PM -0400, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 01:27:13PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > Policy mandates such scripts to check, prior to doing *anything*,
> > whether things they want to start actually do exist on the system. This
> > should be a non-issue.
>
> How is garbage being left behind a "non-issue"?  The fact that they don't do
> anything is irrelevant.

Those sort of "garbage" scripts are configuration files (and usually
conffiles). They might have been modified, and if they were,
configuration would be lost if they were deleted, and the package is
reinstalled later.

They will be deleted on a purge, hopefully along with all other traces
of the package.

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig@rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal