Re: conflicting bug reports

Hi,

> > > I don't believe we should, or intend to, support static builds directly
> > > in our dependency system anyway.

I think we should, otherwise we make it difficult for users that have to
ask their sysadmin to get a -dev package installed.

> I guess this could work.  Either way though, -dev debs shouldn't be
> depending on other -dev debs.

Should we perhaps make that a "Recommends:"? That way, people who know
that they will never link anything statically (and buildds) can ignore
the packages, but normal users get the packages still.

   Simon

--
 GPG Fingerprint: 040E B5F7 84F1 4FBC CEAD  ADC6 18A0 CC8D 5706 A4B4