Re: Please help sorting out which sid updates need to make sarge

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 09:35:34AM -0400, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 02:39:22PM +0200, Jerome Warnier <jwarnier@beeznest.net> was heard to say:
> > On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 05:35, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> > >   Is there a reason I can't find the package "gimp" on there?  (eg,
> > > maybe your script is missing stuff that's present only in unstable)
> > Take a look at: http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=gimp
>
>   I didn't ask "why isn't gimp in testing", I asked "why can't I find
> gimp on this Web site; maybe it's because gimp isn't in testing yet?"
> Packages in unstable but not testing should be listed on your web site
> too, because they might be renames or otherwise have to move into
> testing.  For instance, it would really, really, really suck if sarge
> was released without gimp 2.0, so that move should be labelled
> "important" (not critical since it doesn't break the release), but
> no-one can add that tag if gimp is invisible.

(See also my reply to your original mail)

Although the 'gimp' package was in sid since 2003-07-21, it was never
part of sarge. Today, on about the last day normal uploads can make it
to sarge, is a bit late to worry about gimp making it into sarge, isn't
it?

Since gimp 2.x was uploaded, the maintainer left only on two occasions a
gap of more than 10 days between uploads to let the package proceed to
sarge, one was 11 days long, and the other had a failed s390 build.

Anyway, indeed this script doesn't track package renames. Please mail to
debian-release to convince the RM's to keep an eye on gimp, I cannot
speak for them, so I don't know whether they will care.

Anyway, there is a reasonable chance it'll make sarge on its own, it's
10 days old now, and hold up by four known transitions, which will be
resolved for sarge.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar