Re: build, build-arch and build-indep targets in debian/rules

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 09:38:16PM +0200, Gergely Nagy wrote:
> > > make -f debian/rules -pn | grep '^build-arch:'
> >
> > Umm, that's the "is debian/rules required to be a Makefile" can of worms.
> >
> > At the moment, it isn't.
>
> Last time I looked at Policy, it was a requirement. (I had an RC bug
> filed against one of my packages for exactly this)

	4.8 Main building script: debian/rules

	This file must be an executable makefile, and contains the
	package-specific recipes for compiling the package and building
	binary package(s) from the source.

	It must start with the line #!/usr/bin/make -f, so that it can
	be invoked by saying its name rather than invoking make
	explicitly.

--
Justin
aptitude install iraf saods9 eclipse xpa sextractor x11iraf wcstools pyraf