Re: Release update: base and standard frozen

Hi, Matthew Palmer wrote:

> I don't think it's going to be possible to encourage developers to upload
> their packages at a slow but steady rate.

Sure it's possible to _encourage_ people. Whether they actually _do_ it is
a different problem altogether...

> Would it be technically possible to restrain testing propagation to all
> packages initially uploaded before a certain date/time?

It is. "Turn off upload to Unstable at that date". Easy.

Basically that's how preparing a release worked before we had testing.
(I wasn't involved with Debian then, though, so somebody please correct me
if I'm wrong.)

--
Matthias Urlichs