Re: unnecessary adoption by QA-team

Hello Andreas,

* Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> [2004-08-07 22:40]:
> > A ready package, that solve this bug is already available.
> > Why did QA-group adopt this package instead to sponsor my upload?
>
> Well, finding a sponsor is sometimes rather difficult. I'm sorry, but
> that's just the current situation. I know that it's rather frustrating
> (and I can well remember the time where it was frustrating for me, and
> I had to trap sponsors on IRC). I know that this answer is not as
> nice as it should be, and I feel sorry for this.

yes you are right. i think it is a pity. specially for new contributors
of the debian project it can be very frustrating.
bug i think if 50% of the current developers would sponsor 2 packages it
doesnt have to be such a problem (maybe i am too optimistic)
regards nico
--
Nico Golde - 310777820@ICQ
nico@ngolde.de | nion@gmx.net | http://www.ngolde.de