Re: arm buildd

ucko@debian.org (Aaron M. Ucko) writes:

> Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> writes:
>> No, I think Aaron meant a plain porter upload, i.e.
>> audacity_1.2.1-4_arm.changes.
> Right; there's no need to bump the version *at all*, just feed the
> source package from the archive to dpkg-buildpackage (directly or via
> debuild) with the flags
> -B -kyour-key-id
> and upload the result.  I apologize if that was unclear.

Please never use just dpkg-buildpackage. If you do a manual build
invest the little extra time to let sanity checks run.

The easiest is using debuild (from devscripts). It is usefully to have
fakeroot, lintian and dh-buildinfo installed.

Also '-B -m"Your Name <your@email>"' is afaik the prefered way.

Another way (more work and afaik needs root) is using the sbuild
package, preferably with chroot, and letting it send the build log to