Re: How to upload the package to sarge?

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 09:10:41PM +0200, Piotr Roszatycki wrote:
> The sid contains the newer libgcc1 so I can't compile with sid's gcc.

You must.  All packages uploaded to unstable should be compiled against
the packages in sid, and in any case, all autobuilt packages will still
end up with the dependency.

The release team is well aware that libgcc1 is blocking more things than
it ought to; we're working on a solution to get new versions of gcc-3.3
and gcc-3.4 into sarge.  In the meantime, there's no need to worry about
packages that are optional priority or lower (and everything with a
higher priority is already covered by the freeze).

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer