Re: Status of the 'standard' and 'base' system for the amd64 port

On 04-Aug-03 19:24, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 10:50:52AM +0200, Andreas Jochens wrote:
> >
> > netkit-base   : Add three missing 'break;' statements
> > pam           : Add one missing 'continue;' statement
> > debootstrap   : Install 'libstdc++6' as 'required' on amd64
> > gcc-defaults  : Change the defaults (for amd64 only)
> > gpm           : Apply patch from BTS to fix FTBFS (not amd64 specific)
> >               : Remove one 'default:' label, add one 'break;' statement
> > ifupdown      : Add one 'break;' statement
>
> Those are all gcc-3.4 specific.  We're not sure if we want to do
> gcc 3.4.

The gpm patch is only partly gcc-3.4 specific. There is also a general
FTBFS for all architectures when building the documentation. However,

> > mpack         : Remove wrong declarations of 'malloc' and 'getenv'

and

> > aptitude      : Add 'template <>' in one place

are also gcc-3.4 specific.

> I think you forgot atleast the following:
> util-linux: Add amd64 to some lines in control/rules file.

In util-linux the 'fdisk-udeb' binary package is not enabled for amd64.
But the 'fdisk-udeb' package has priority 'extra' and my Status Report
was referring only to the 'standard' and 'base' system. Also fdisk and
some rdev related things will not be available for amd64, but the
util-linux package builds, installs and works on amd64 even without a
patch.

Of course there are a lot more packages with priorities 'optional'
and 'extra' which need patches for amd64 at the moment. Fortunately,
many bugs with patches have been filed to the BTS for these issues
and more and more of those patches get applied and uploaded every day.

Regards
Andreas Jochens