Re: libtiff4 transition: please rebuild your packages

On Sun, Aug 01, 2004 at 04:12:37AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > I'm a maintainer of asc which depends on libtiff3.
> > However it depends indirectly by libsdl-image1.2-dev.
>
> > SDL has been uploaded yesterday with the fixed dependencies, but with a low
> > priority. What will happen if I will upload my package with the medium
> > priority? I think it's useless cause it will have to wait for libsdl.
>
> > Any hints for unexperienced maintainer? ;)
>
> BTW, if you have some comfort level with autotools, please consider
> updating asc to use the latest version of libtool; I don't see anything
> in asc that needs libtiff directly, so using a newer libtool (1.5.2-2 or
> newer) will ensure you don't have to worry about transitions of image
> libraries in the future.
>
> For information on how to update the version of libtool used in your
> package, please see
> <http://people.debian.org/~keybuk/libtool-updating.html>.

Some questions to the above.
Should I make this on my sources before packaging them and create new
orig.tar.gz file, or maybe old orig and bigger diff?
Or maybe during build process?

Some more verbose information would be very useful for me.
I'm not libtool expert unfortunatelly :/

regards
fEnIo

ps. sorry Steve for private mail
--
      _      Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40 | IRC:fEnIo
    _|_|_     32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Polska