Re: Versioning fast-development libraries (call for help with debtags packaging)

On Sun, Aug 01, 2004 at 01:36:10PM +0200, Enrico Zini wrote:

> Is there some more restrictive versioning and dependancy scheme I could
> use?  I tried setting shlibs so that packages would depend on =version
> instead of >=version, but that seems to be a bit too restrictive.

Nice folks in IRC suggested me to Provide: libtagcoll-api-1.0 and
Depend: libtagcoll-api-1.0, then change the virtual package depend when
the API/ABI changes.

It's a solution that I like very much and I want to post it here for the
records.

Ciao,

Enrico