Re: amd64 and sarge

Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> writes:

> On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 12:59:20PM +0200, Mattias Wadenstein wrote:
>> Multiarch is a rather substantial change to infrastructure and many lib
>> packages, so I'm honestly not that hopeful of it going in as a point
>> release. I might be wrong though, I'm no release manager.
>
> I would be very surprised. I certainly wouldn't get your hopes up.
>
> Cheers,

The stable RM has already vetoed releasing pure64 with stable R1 even
if that comes with near 0 changes.

For multiarch we are talking about 2000 library source packages being
drastically changed, ~2000-6000 new binary packages per arch and about
20000 new packages for amd64. Not to mention drastic changes to the
glibc, gcc, binutils, dpkg, apt, aptitude, dselect.

Forget it. Never ever in a stable release.

MfG
        Goswin