Re: Looking for tcsh bug report #28959

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 18:11:09 +0900, GOTO Masanori wrote:

> I'm tcsh-kanji user.  When I hit ESC-p, I get
> history-search-backwards.  When I hit Alt-p (I guess it's equivalent
> to Meta-p), the cursor key moves one character.  I hit Alt-p twice, my
> terminal kterm displays one Kanji character.  I don't know it's bug or
> not.

I'm asking since this bug was the reason for the tcsh and tcsh-kanji
splitting. In the recent tcsh there are some problems with non-kanji
compilation, hence I try to find out whether we can compile tcsh with
kanji support (which is upstream default) and drop tcsh-kanji.

Note: None of these thoughts affect sarge.

Kind regards,

Martin