Re: security related bug report - no maintainer reaction for 1 year

Brian Nelson <pyro@debian.org> wrote:

> Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> writes:
> Well, up to the November 2003 update, it lists the milestones affected,
> and nearly all 63 of those bugs seem to apply to Woody's 1.0 version.
> After that, they stopped listing the milestones, probably because it was
> too difficult to figure out all the ones affected.
>
> It would be a Herculean task to go through each bug, verify it applies
> to Woody, backport the patch required to fix it (if it's even possible
> to backport every patch considering how active Mozilla development has
> been the past couple years), and come out with something usable.  I'm
> certainly not about to try it, especially considering how much easier it
> would be to just use the latest Mozilla version instead.

Is this latest mozilla version available in woody? If not, why still
distributing mozilla in woody if there's no way to provide a decently
secure package?

--
Mathieu Roy

  | General Homepage:           http://yeupou.coleumes.org/             |
  | Computing Homepage:         http://alberich.coleumes.org/           |
  | Not a native english speaker:                                       |
  |     http://stock.coleumes.org/doc.php?i=/misc-files/flawed-english  |