Re: Permissions on power management device nodes?

On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 01:59:51AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> Recent versions of GNOME complain at login time that non-root users
> can't write to /dev/pmu. I initially thought "yes, good, that's right,
> now stop complaining", but apparently things like the GNOME keybindings
> for the volume control and the suspend function of the battery applet
> need it.

Nope, volume control is completely different, suspend is able to use
pmud.

The direct access of the device just blocks pmud and makes the other
tools disfunctional.

Bastian

--
Emotions are alien to me.  I'm a scientist.
		-- Spock, "This Side of Paradise", stardate 3417.3