Re: Possible Debian/Sarge release time frame

> Otto Wyss wrote:
> > I assume there is still some time to do some correction so I'd advise
> > you to read closely the message I wrote in debian-cd
> > "http://lists.debian.org/debian-cd/2004/07/msg00039.html"; (it would be
> > nice to get any feedback).
>
> It might help if you posted relevant issues to the right list
> (debian-boot). AFAIK everything you mentioned there is either fixed,
> explained to vaguely to fix without clarification, except for the
> specifics of what packages one might perfer on a CD.

It's rather difficult to figure out where to post messages. It's up to
Debian to choose which packages belong onto a CD, I (IMO) only consider
the few mentioned packages essential if something goes wrong.

> > Also I'd like to point you again to the last paragraph in
> > "http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2004/07/msg00913.html";.
>
> It does, if the kernel supports it.

Current Debian/sarge CD does not. I don't know if it tries to detect and
install the framebuffer, I guess it doesn't. At least it didn't detect
my ATI Radeon 7500 and didn't install the radeon framebuffer.

O. Wyss

--
See a huge pile of work at "http://wyodesktop.sourceforge.net/";