Re: SPF - exim4 + debian.org

Le sam 24/07/2004 à 10:25, Jiri Klouda a écrit :
> Hi,
> do you think it would be possible if the debian.org
> and lists.debian.org defined the SPF (Sender Policy
> Framework) text in the DNS records?

No, no and no. SPF is a completely broken idea, and it cannot work *at
all* for domains like debian.org. That would mean listing all the IPs
from which developers can send mail.

> Also, it would be nice if exim4 had an option in the
> configuration to include spf checks. I know its very
> easy to install it, I did that in 10 minutes, but...
> I am a little afrain my work disapears on upgrade.

Why would it disappear upon upgrade? That would be a policy violation.

And again, I strongly disagree with enabling SPF in our default MTA. We
shouldn't even link it with any SPF library, as that would encourage
such bad practice.