Re: unexpected NMUs || buildd queue

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 12:33:58PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 07:19:29PM +0200, Daniel Kobras wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 06:23:23PM +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> [attribution lost]
> > >
> > > No, not really, it is more like a lifo, i.e. the last uploaded package
> > > is tried first.
> >
> > Packages are ordered by priority, then by section, then alphabetically.
> > When a buildd's queue is empty, it grabs the next few packages off the
> > top of this list. Time of upload is not considered at all.
>
> I used to think that was true, but when I mentioned it on IRC once James
> Troup told me that that was an urban myth ... I haven't read the code
> myself to check.

You're being confused.

My page at <http://people.debian.org/~wouter/wanna-build-states> used to
say that the time of upload was considered. I was mistaken; when
confronted, James told you this was wrong.

Upon being told that, you mailed me asking for clarification. I checked
the code, and confirmed that my previous text was indeed incorrect; so I
now fixed it to say about the same thing what Daniel Kobras posted --
and yes, he's right, except that he missed out the previous compilation
state.

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks