Re: unexpected NMUs || buildd queue

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 12:33:58PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 07:19:29PM +0200, Daniel Kobras wrote:
> > Packages are ordered by priority, then by section, then alphabetically.
> > When a buildd's queue is empty, it grabs the next few packages off the
> > top of this list. Time of upload is not considered at all.
>
> I used to think that was true, but when I mentioned it on IRC once James
> Troup told me that that was an urban myth ... I haven't read the code
> myself to check.

Humm, what I described is wanna-build's default ordering (cf.
sort_list_func and the definitions right on top of it) that is also used
by buildd when it checks the needs-build list. (Actually buildd first
sorts by out-of-date/uncompiled state, which for some reason I always
forget to mention.) Of course, the default ordering can be altered by
blacklists, whitelists, weak_no_auto, uncommitted changes, the cabal,
and a GR.

TINC,

Daniel.