Re: unexpected NMUs || buildd queue

Andreas Metzler <ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org> writes:

> On 2004-07-15 Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo <fenio@o2.pl> wrote:
> [...]
>> So if buildd maintainer has put my package on dep-wait queue, then I can
>> assume it will be automatically build ones again if dependencies will be
>> satisfied?
>
> Yes. http://people.debian.org/~wouter/wanna-build-states ;-)
>
> BTW sometimes packages get stuck in the buildd queue, e.g. the initial
> build failed because of a transient error but the buildd maintainer
> does not process the buildd log for a long time (for reasons unknown)
> and reschedule the build. If this happens contacting the buildd admins
> helps. (Don't sk me what "a long time" is, it depends on how big the
> buildd's backlog is and whether the update i urgent.)
>         cu andreas

Most likely reason I can think of is when buildd logs are too big and
get not delivered by the mail system. Some packages have buildd logs
exceeding 30MB and some peoples mailserver might not accept them.

The admin has to notice that his buildd is still listed as building
that package and search for the log. That isn't done too often.

A reasonable measure of long might be

max(the time the last build needed * 2 + 2 days, 1 week)

Time being measured since the last state change in the wanna-build
database.

MfG
        Goswin