On 20040715T015348-0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > but the problem is, where would you find a replacement.
> This is a phony problem.  Ask for replacements publically in a thread of its
> own, and you'll get volunteers.

Been there, done that, it does not work.

You'll get volunteers, but there is nothing that guarantees that the
volunteers have what it takes.

> No, you're not the only one.  I've already predicted (last year) that it
> will happen barring certain changes.

Personally, I believe that it's the radicals who should make the fork,
if there should be one.  Anything else is tantamount to project
hijacking.  However, I still would prefer a non-forking option.

--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho, Debian developer

http://kaijanaho.info/antti-juhani/blog/en/debian