Re: fingerprint of the archive signing key

also sprach Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> [2004.06.29.2342 +0200]:
> Honestly now, do you really think it will be that hard? Once you
> have physical access to the user workstations, you can take those
> and work up. It only takes one user being lazy or stupid. I've
> never heard of a company where *every* user was sufficiently
> careful.

I suggest you pay a visit to companies in the security domain that
take security seriously before you continue to spout your
all-or-nothing pieces of knowledge into the world. You are
effectively just showing that the don't-you-tell-me-about-security
Andrew Suffield apparently hasn't made it further than consumer
products with respect to security.

Or is there another reason why your posts are trying to claim that
public key cryptography is, in fact, worthless, and that we should
all just give up on it?

Or do you believe in the web of trust and its applicability to the
real-world?

If you hadn't punched me in the nose the other day on IRC, I'd show
you what high security means and how certificate authorities are
supposed to work the next time you'd come around the vicinity of
Munich or Zurich.

`. `'`