Re: fingerprint of the archive signing key

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 09:29:51AM -0700, Brian Nelson wrote:
> martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> writes:
> > Andrew Suffield wrote:
> >> There's no such thing as a trustworthy company.
> >
> > You're funny.
>
> And he also speaks the truth.  Think about it.  What motivation does a
> company have to be trustworthy?  The /appearance/ of trustworthiness may
> matter since in this case, it would affect the bottom line.  However,
> any company would do something dodgy to make an extra buck as long as
> its outward appearance was not affected.

If you know people in the company, you may well have good reason to
believe that they would blow the whistle very loudly if the company were
doing anything dodgy, and would be well-placed to know about the
dodginess and sometimes to stop it in advance. (I can think of a couple
of companies where I know this to be the case.)

While the company as a whole may well be interested only in the bottom
line, this often doesn't apply to the people on the ground.