Re: [RANT] French translation for debconf templates stucked at 90% : analysis

Quoting Frank Küster (frank@debian.org):

> > Being a German native speaker, I write everything in English.
>
> Me, too. Except that I sometimes also provide my own german
> translations.

I very often discourage this. Or at least, try to get in touch with
your language translation team.

All l10n team have common use for their work, for instance always use
the same words for translating some specific topics or words.

So, getting in touch with them is often a matter of style consistency
which is quite important when building a full distribution.

BTW, Frank, thanks for asking me to update the french translation of
one of your packages a few hours ago...:-)