Re: What your ballot should look like if you're in favor of releasing sarge

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be> wrote:

> It's not about lazyness; it's about properly informing people. I'm not
> saying you should spoon-feed people all the available information;
> however, you should take care that the first impression people get when
> the ballot appears in their mailbox is a correct one. If you don't do
> that, people might not (immediately?) understand the importance of a
> given vote.

Maybe people were misled. But I would not blame Manoj for this. I myself
had just gotten my DD account a couple of weeks before the "Editorial
Changes" GR, and I subscribed to -vote and read the (sparse)
discussion. I found no indication that it was about more than "Editorial
Changes".

If anybody is to blame, its perhaps the release manager who apparently
thinks that the changes were more than editorial. OTOH, I don't know the
discussions that took place before that, so it might be that also other
people should have known this, or that Anthony had good reason to think
that people were aware of his opinion - therefore I do not blame
anything.

cannot blame anybody that he mislead you. And for sure not Manoj.

Regards, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie