Re: What your ballot should look like if you're in favor of releasing sarge

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 21:47:03 +0200, Marek Habersack <grendel@debian.org> said:

> On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 02:19:31PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava
> scribbled:

>> > Uh, no, how many times and how many people will have to say that
>> > the title and description were suboptimal (to put it mildly)
>> > before you are convinced that the ballot didn't actually match
>> > what many voters thought?
>>
>> And how many times do people have to tell you that people too lazy
>> or apathetic to read emails sent to them thrice should not be
>> expected to have a say in the decisions that are made? No matter
>> how suboptimal the subject was, the full text of the GR was
>> delivered to you thrice. It was all there on the debian web site.
>>
>> You may be comfortable with how lazy and apathetic some voters are,
>> but do not lay the blame on other people (whine "the title was just
>> wrong" whine "they made me not pay attention" whine "the dog ate my
>> ballot")

> I wanted to stay away from this "discussion", but I just have to
> ask. What gives YOU, Manoj, the right to judge others and offend
> them? Was there a GR to that effect or something? I think you owe

	When people tell me that the title I chose for the ballot was
 "misleading", I get the right to offend them right back.

  Mislead \Mis*lead"\ (m[i^]s*l[=e]d"), v. t. [imp. & p. p.
     {Misled} (m[i^]s*l[e^]d"); p. pr. & vb. n. {Misleading}.]
     [AS. misl[=ae]dan. See {Mis-}, and {Lead} to conduct.]
     To lead into a wrong way or path; to lead astray; to guide
     into error; to cause to mistake; to deceive.
     [1913 Webster]

	And how else would you characterize people who ignore a
 message sent to them thrice that showed exactly what was being
 proposed to be new SC, and then turn around an whine that they did
 not know what the changes proposed were, and that the title
 selected by the secretary was deceiving?

> Was there a GR to that effect or something?

	Unlike some, I can think on my own; I do not need a GR or aj
 to tell me how to proceed or what I should do.

> I think you owe those who you're offending. and your enigmatic
> "they" can apply to every one of us (and yes, I voted already) so
> you better contend yourself and watch your mouth, ok?

	Heh. And now you are the official mouth-watcher, eh? Shut the
 fuck up. How's that?

> If somebody resorts to calling names and and offence, it means that
> person doesn't really have other arguments to support their stance.

	*Shrug*. How you take my opinions is entirely up to you. But
 I am not going to take the label of the universal deciever lying
 down.

	manoj
--
"For a male and female to live continuously together
is...  biologically speaking, an extremely unnatural condition."