Re: What your ballot should look like if you're in favor of releasing sarge

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 02:40:42 +0200, Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be> said:

> On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 06:31:22PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

>> Every vote, especially vote regarding changes to foundation
>> documents, require a modicum of due diligence on the part of the
>> electorate. People too lazy to put in the effort required to
>> compare two documents, and who want to be spoon fed predigested pap
>> are not those whose opinion ought to matter.

> I don't think it's about lazyness.

> If a voting ballot entitled "editorial changes" comes up out of the
> blue (and I'm sure this has happened for some who do not read all
> mailinglists), people's first impression may be that this is
> something "unimportant", even if they wouldn't think so when they'd
> only have a look at the changes.

	Firstly, in my opinion, the changes were really editorial:
 there was no normative change in the SC. I do not recall anyone at
 all disputing that until after the vote was held.

	Secondly, you judge books by their cover? People by their
 skin color? emails by their subject alone?

> It's not about lazyness; it's about properly informing people. I'm

	Just FOAD. The have the gall to tell me that the editorial
 changes GR subject was improper, when for long months that is how
 the GR was referred to with no one objecting, and that is what it
 was in my opinion?

> not saying you should spoon-feed people all the available
> information;

	All available information for the new SC was indeed there in
 the ballot.

> however, you should take care that the first impression
> people get when the ballot appears in their mailbox is a correct
> one. If you don't do that, people might not (immediately?)
> understand the importance of a given vote.

	A) I do not care fr opinions of morons who judge tings by
 appearances, b) the subject line was an accurate rendition of the
 proposal, and c) you, sir, a a low worm for implying otherwise.

	manoj
--
I'd just as soon kiss a Wookie. Princess Leia Organa