Re: Does anyone have a script to query users about bugs they submitted ?

Jean-Michel Kelbert wrote:
> I am looking for a script to send a mail to all users who submitted a
> bug to my packages to ask them if the bug is already present. As a
> matter of fact this script should send the mail under certains
> circonstances for example :
IMO, sending automated mails to the BTS is a bad habit altogether.
If you expect users to take the time to report bugs, you probably should
take the time to answer and follow up to them.
I think that the BTS and maintainer responsiveness has been part of what
makes the Debian user experience positive and automated responses
"please all submitters of bugs to me do foo" will harm that.

Cheers

T.
--
Thomas Viehmann, <http://thomas.viehmann.net/>