Re: Pre-Depends of #CDD#-common meta packages from cdd-common

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Steve Langasek wrote:

> The .config script is executed twice during an apt-based package
> installation: once during pre-configure, and once when the postinst
> runs.
>
> If you write your .config script carefully, you can make it run
> correctly in the absence of the packages you need, but use them if
> they're present.  This maximizes the number of people who will be able
> to take advantage of pre-config for your package.
Ahhh, this is a pretty good hint.  "Write it right" means: check first
if the tools are present and run the stuff which runs.  May be I have
to "touch /var/tmp/pkg.just-configured" to set a marker for the second
call, should I?
Any example packages to steal code and make sure I understand right?

Kind regards

           Andreas.