Re: logitech mouse [was: Lost Trust]

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 12:24:51PM +0200, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 04:43:06PM -0700, Eric Wong wrote:
> > Erik Steffl <steffl@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> > >   if the driver is available somewhere it is probably fairly easy to
> > > make it work with debian kernel. sometime it's not that easy to get the
> > > HW working, e.g. when I got the SATA HD I had to spend time on lkml,
> > > apply patches (well, use ac kernel with manually applied libata5
> > > patches) etc. lot of fun. and now e.g. extra button on logitech mouse
> > > doesn't work (worked fine with 2.4.x but 2.6.x is too smart (more like
> > > smart-ass)).
> >
> > Which Logitech mouse?  I'm assuming it's PS/2 since USB mice work more
> > or less the same (evdev is recommended for USB).  I co-wrote the 2.6
> > Logitech PS/2++ driver and also maintain a Debian package[1] for the
> > logitech_applet which controls USB functions.
> >

> > 1 - http://des.petta-tech.com/~eric/debian (a sponsor would be helpful)
> >
> You have found one :)
> Anyway, I have the same problems with Logitech MouseMan Traveler
> which is a USB mouse: the middle button is working but is not
> detected as a wheel. I did not try the evdev protocol indeed.
> I'll check that and the mouse ID ASAP.

Uhm, with evdev same result. Also worse if possible: the middle button
now does not work as it should in selecting parts of texts, the effect
is the same of a double-click with middle button, i.e. no selections at
At the same time I see that evdev does not work as it should with
synaptics (without xfree86-driver-synaptics): the device works
but the pointer is sadly frozen. Add to this that for misterious
reason I see the PC speaker within /proc/bus/input/devices
(and obsviously it does not work at all) and the picture is complete!

BTW, probably this is not the right ML for this kind of issues....

Francesco P. Lovergine