Re: Canonical list of contributors

"Rob Taylor" <robtaylor@fastmail.fm> writes:

> Is there no way we can automate this? My feeling is that everyone who has
> a name on a changelog should be listed as a contributor. It would also be
> nice to have some policy that says not listing a patch contributor in a
> changelog is a serious bug.

"serious"?  I don't see how it rates anything higher than
"minor."  Not mentioning a patch contributor's name is "a problem
which doesn't affect the package's usefulness, and is presumably
trivial to fix," matching the BTS description of "minor."  It
certainly doesn't warrant release-critical status, which
"serious" would make it.  We always have enough bugs holding up
release that we don't need to artificially create more.
--
"Whoever you are -- SGI, SCO, HP, or even Microsoft -- most of the
 smart people on the planet work somewhere else."