Re: Canonical list of contributors

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004, Rob Taylor wrote:
> It would also be nice to have some policy that says not listing a
> patch contributor in a changelog is a serious bug.

I'm against having this be a serious bug, or even a bug at all, but I
would strongly support suggesting that maintainers do this in the
Developer's Reference.

In fact, such verbiage is already in the developer's reference:

     Focus on what was changed -- who, how and when are usually less
     important. Having said that, remember to politely attribute
     people who have provided notable help in making the package
     (e.g., those who have sent in patches). [1: §6.3.1]

Don Armstrong

1: http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-best-pkging-practices.en.html#s-bpp-debian-changelog
--
                    EQUAL RIGHTS FOR WOMEN
Don't be teased or humiliated. See their look of surprise when you

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu