Re: New virtual package: cron-daemon

On 01-Jun-04, 07:43 (CDT), "Milan P. Stanic" <mps@rns-nis.co.yu> wrote:
> I think (if it counts because I'm not DD) that the name of the virtual
> package should be more generic like periodic-exec-daemon (just idea)
> or something similar.

"cron-daemon" implies a specific interface, which is useful.
"periodic-exec-daemon" does not, and isn't.

Does hc-cron really replace vixie cron? It supports /etc/cron.d/?
Provides a compatible crontab command? Runs setgid? Can I replace
my cron binary with hc-cron, and have it work with existing
/var/spool/cron/crontab entries?

Steve
--
Steve Greenland