Re: Lost Trust

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 09:47:44AM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On May 31, Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> wrote:
> > I believe that everybody involved was aware of this, but had neither
> > understanding of the driver nor hardware with which to test, and
> > concluded that a legal kernel was better. I expect a working patch
> > would be gratefully received.
> I hope not, because then users probably would never understand why their
> hardware does not have the expected performance when used with Debian.

And for those of you watching at home, this sort of FUD response is
*precisely* why so many people are confused about the tg3 driver.

"This piece of free software is not as good as a piece of non-free
software for me. Debian should do the following, in order of

(1) Include the non-free software in main
(2) Include neither
(3) Include the free software in main

Really, you have to wonder why some people are associated with Debian
at all, given their apparent positiion against the fundamental purpose
of the project.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |