Re: Lost Trust
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Lost Trust
- From: Josip Rodin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 12:38:00 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20040601103800.GC4394@keid.carnet.hr>
- In-reply-to: <20040531232122.GA26958@daedalus.andrew.net.au>
- References: <email@example.com> <20040531054544.GA1130@daedalus.andrew.net.au> <20040531183953.GB3049@keid.carnet.hr> <20040531232122.GA26958@daedalus.andrew.net.au>
On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 09:21:22AM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> > > I think you'd be justified in your stance if woody had tg3 support, and
> > > you did a dist-upgrade to sarge once it had been released (after reading
> > > the release notes) and your tg3 support disappeared without warning.
> > As if saying "we removed this and that, lalala" in the release notes will be
> > much better.
> I'm not saying it's a good way to be, but at least there's been a decent
> attempt at warning the user through the appropriate channels.
I think we should only allow ourselves to settle with such mediocrity when
we have to, not actively consider it as a response to issues. The users'
cognitive process precludes it, so to speak :)
2. That which causes joy or happiness.