Re: Lost Trust

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 07:09:29AM +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> Nasty surprises are rare :)  Having said that, I'd appreciate any news
> of a working 802.11g PCI wireless card which doesn't use
> atheros/broadcom drivers myself :( [Bought a Netgear card thinking they
> were always well supported - potentially big mistake :( ]

I feel your pain. There is an old driver project that I'm aware of
located here: http://linux-bcom4301.sourceforge.net/ but it appears to
be very dead. No activity for half a year. There is some code in the CVS
repo, although I haven't tried it.

There's this page with a patch to the prism driver located here:
http://www.larsen-b.com/archives/000073.html
I haven't tried this either, and it appears you still need the firmware
(big surprise), but it looks like this is for an 802.11g card, although
I could be wrong.

 - David Nusinow