Re: Debian / SE/Linux - libselinux1 needs to be set priority "important" or "required"

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl@lkcl.net> writes:

> hi there,
>
> a number of SE/Linux-based upstream patches to packages (coreutils,
> logrotate, sysvinit), are being held up because libselinux1 is at
> present incorrectly set to priority "optional".
>
> could someone please advise me: whom do i need to speak to in
> order to persuade them that libselinux1, (which is a 58k dynamic
> and 100k static library that has ZERO impact on a non-selinux
> system and is utterly critical for the useability and operation
> of key programs such as "ls", "rm" etc. in a selinux-enabled
> system), needs to be made priority "important" or "required"?
>
> thanks,
>
> l.

(Debians archive)
% apt-cache show libselinux1
Package: libselinux1
Section: libs
Installed-Size: 176
Maintainer: Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au>
Architecture: i386
Source: libselinux
Version: 1.12-1
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-4)
Filename: pool/main/libs/libselinux/libselinux1_1.12-1_i386.deb
Size: 27944
MD5sum: f73f7345ad207d9af564bce740c5cd18
 This package provides the shared libraries for Security-enhanced
 Linux.

(Amd64 archive without override files)
% apt-cache show libselinux1
Package: libselinux1
Source: libselinux
Version: 1.12-1
 This package provides the shared libraries for Security-enhanced
 Linux.

The source package already is required. That means the override file
on ftp-master changes the priority to optional. The person to talk to
would be ftp-master. The maintainer should get a mail from linda,
madison or one of our girls informing him about the override disparity
and whom to contact on every upload? I suggest contacting him first
asking why he hasn't talked ftp-master into changing the priority yet.

MfG
        Goswin