Re: Debian / SE/Linux - libselinux1 needs to be set priority "important" or "required"

    Luke> hi there, a number of SE/Linux-based upstream patches to
    Luke> packages (coreutils, logrotate, sysvinit), are being held up
    Luke> because libselinux1 is at present incorrectly set to
    Luke> priority "optional".

    Luke> could someone please advise me: whom do i need to speak to
    Luke> in order to persuade them that libselinux1, (which is a 58k
    Luke> dynamic and 100k static library that has ZERO impact on a
    Luke> non-selinux system and is utterly critical for the
    Luke> useability and operation of key programs such as "ls", "rm"
    Luke> etc. in a selinux-enabled system), needs to be made priority
    Luke> "important" or "required"?

I think the procedure is to file a bug report against ftp.debian.org
asking that the override entry be changed for the package.

If this doesn't work, talk to the release manager.

If all of the above fails, come back here ;-).

When the override entry is changed, the next upload of the package
should have debian/control adjusted as required. (or should this come
first?)

(Disclaimer: I haven't done this myself).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>