Re: Debian From Scratch

Goswin von Brederlow(brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de)@2004.05.25 23:54:39 +0000:

> Its a redesign in C. It shares code with debian-installer. They could
> have used a shell parser for the packages files to do the same but the
> author had the C parser from udpkg a hand and used that.
>
> Its a lot quicker in C than in shell.

Was it [cdebootstrap] done by, or in collaboration with, the
debootstrap folks or do we now have two independent tools to achieve
the same goal?

Is debootstrap slated to die, being replaced by cdebootstrap?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to get the "big picture" here!
If this has all been hashed out already, on which list should I look
for archives, I certainly want to waste bandwidth by revisiting old
issues :-)

Steve