Re: @debian.org email forwarding and SPF

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 01:09:43AM +1000, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Thu, 20 May 2004 22:09, Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> wrote:
> >  - valid sender addresses from domains without SPF enabled
>
> If spammers do that then it will provide a significant incentive for adding
> SPF to all domains.

Much like the significant incentive for rejecting all inbound
mail. murphy receives a little more than twice as much spam than valid
mail; if your argument held then we should simply pull the plug.

You're ignoring the false positive rates. One false positive is much
worse than one false negative.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |