Re: Ranty is no more with us :-( please adopt his pkgs.

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 02:34:34PM +0200, Chris Halls wrote:
[snip]
> I have enough work with openoffice, so I'd be glad if Data (or anyone
> else) was interested in helping out with apt-proxy.  It's very close to
> going into sid now; it just needs a fix for the max_versions
> implementation.

I'm interested in apt-proxy since I found it very useful for
proxying/partial mirroring

> I was deeply shocked when I read about his death.  We talked a lot via
> IRC and email, although I hadn't had the opportunity to meet him in
> person.  I think it would be appropriate to dedicate version 2 to him.

indeed, version 2 dedicated to him would be great

filippo
--
Filippo Giunchedi
GNU/PG key: 6B79D401

Each new user of a new system uncovers a new class of bugs.
-- Brian W. Kernighan