Re: Spam in the lists out of control

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 10:28:07PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> However, there is a certain twist in my MTA configuration.
[...]
> Your MTA uses a HELO/EHLO argument which is (a) valid (the forward
> lookup matches your server's IP address) and (b) different from your
> reverse lookup.  This overrides my blacklist, and your mail should
> pass through.
>
> It's a hack, but it works remarkably well, and it helps in cases like
> yours.

Well, I haven't tried to mail you privately, but if your system works as
you indicate I urge you to promote as an alternative to much of the
mindless blacklisting that goes on at present.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      Why should I allow that same God
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      to tell me how to raise my kids,